Monday, October 25, 2010

Kanye West- "Runaways"



So for those of you who haven't seen this mini movie yet, here ya go. I think what Kanye did with Runaways was very original. Hopefully, other artists will start to think out of the box when it comes to music videos and just the presentation of their music in general. What I took from the video was love doesn't discriminate and you should chase after it if you really believe in it. Kanye fell in love with this phoenix (Selita Ebanks) who was unlike anyone here on earth and he didn't care who saw it. But the confusing part during the video was when they were all sitting down at the table and the server brings out this big ASS bird and places it right in front of the phoenix. That was very insensitive! Like if I'm a bird, why would you place my dead bird cousin in front of me for dinner. WOW!

The funniest part to me was when Selita "comes alive" when Yeezy is making the beat for his song Power. Selita looks like a bird having an orgasm of some kind. Then she starts two stepping. I couldn't stop laughing. Is it me or the little boy running with that red fumes looks like Solange's son, Julez?

I could have done without the dialogue between Kanye and Selita at the very end. His acting chops need some major tuning. He sounded like he was reading cue cards for real. Overall, I enjoyed the cinematography, imagery, nature, and  exclusive tracks from Ye's new album.Watching Selita frolic around like a bird was VERY amusing.

Final thoughts...kudos to director, Hype Williams for expanding his wide screen shots and Kanye for getting straddled by the most attractive phoenix that I have ever seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment