Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Exclusive Ryan Leslie Interview


Producer, singer, rapper, songwriter Ryan Leslie is preparing for his third album, Les Is More, which hits stores 4th of July. I caught up with R Les while he was in DC last Friday for The Park Unplugged concert series given by Beny Blaq Entertainment. He performed some of his hits, collaborations and some new material off the new album. Check it out!

Chanel Laren: Tell me about the new album, Les Is More.

Ryan Leslie: The title illustrates that people that know me as R Les and feel like they know me from the last albums, should expect more from me. It's predominantly a rap album but I'll still be singing on it. I've already released some records online, Beautiful Lie, Maybach & Diamonds and Joan of Arc. Les Is More is probably the realest album that I've ever written. This is the most honest I've ever been. I'm not sugarcoating anything. It's really from the heart. I'm releasing it on 4th of July to celebrate my independence.

CL: How has the transition been from having a major record deal to now being independent?

RL: I was with a major label for seven years. The most incredible part about being independent is freedom of creativity and that's from a musical and visual standpoint. From every creative expression that I wanted to have in terms of messaging, I'm able to do with this album. That's why this album is a rap album.

CL: What's your favorite thing to do...record, perform, write songs, or produce?

RL: I love performing, that's what I write and produce for what I just did at The Park.

CL: Do you think you get the recognition you deserve as a triple threat?

RL: I think people earn the respect that they get. At the point and time that I contribute something that is of the magnitude that deserves more respect, I feel like I'll get more respect. I'm just worried about creating and putting together the art that is going to be the best representation of what I can contribute artistically. In the meantime, I'm going to just do me and give it all that I've got.

CL: Are you touring when Les Is More drops?

RL: I'll be doing a European tour. I'm actually touring Europe, Asia, Australia, Africa, Canada, and South America, and then I'm coming back to the U.S. You'll see me again when I'm actually premiering the album.

*Huge thank you goes out to BBE for setting up the interview. Make sure yall check out their site so you can be at next event  Click Here





3 comments:

  1. Chanel this will make no since but this is what he is saying!!!!


    Time is running out
    please don't make me wait
    I just wanna know
    UTZ Double Dip
    lost another close
    forced double o(overtime)
    Guess another All Star hit that goal.

    pistons on a role
    Fidgeting and things
    all want a know
    UtZ double dip!
    Ask he never knows
    Rusted double AA
    Bout to pull my lo lo girl stop playin.

    Im dealin girl
    i'll take you on in spades
    I tell i'l deal you girl
    ill play you on another date
    Save the date
    I tell you Im dealin girl
    i'll take you on in spaaaades
    on another day or any other day and na ther day!!

    (chorus)
    Ask anybody lining up in the moonlight
    lets go stare look up in the moonlight
    want a fix in the dark gonna do it right
    do it right, right thier.YEAHH
    ask the girl throw me my GAT! in he morning.
    hustler holding the GAT! thay dont wont it.
    Blast a nigga in the BACK!
    they dont want that.
    Want that right thier RIGHT thiiiiieeer! LMAO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahahahaahahah Man Utz double dip....classic and from now on these are the lyrics that I must use

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yo read it while listening to the album version on youtube.lmao!!!

    ReplyDelete