Tuesday, June 21, 2011

There Is No Magic In The Musiq


















A week before  the Musiq concert at Rams Head,  I got an email from my manager asking me if I wanted to work the event. Of course, I said "yes" because that's money in my pocket. I had my reserves about the show but they were justified from our past run-ins. Lets me just start off by saying he was a Hoarsemess.com *in my Tamar voice*. The crowd and background vocalists did the singing for him. Of course he did not apologize for his lack of vocals. The 5'5 singer "sang" like his voice was in tip top shape. NOT! Where would any artist be without their band... who tore the roof off the mutha.

The sounds were inaudible...nothing but mumbles. Countless times I've asked myself WTF is he saying? Now I like to think that I am a very forgiving fan but the last 2 or 3 shows, Musiq's voice has been less than acceptable. So I am I supposed to believe that every time he comes to Baltimore his voice gives out?? I'm going to go with HELL NO!

He's on his 6th album and this is unacceptable. I believe Musiq in the Magic is some of his best work but I'm over him live in the flesh. He killed himself when he opened for Anthony Hamilton. He had a broken leg, crushes and was suited and booted. Hamilton outdid himself that night. One of his best shows and he wasn't in complete health either. That's what you call a performer.

How many off nights can a performer have in a row? Poor thang kept tugging on his clothes as if they were too tight. SMH...I vowed that I would NEVER see him live again unless he opened for someone. But I had to work the event so it was totally free 99, but my freeness was insulted. Now you know that's a shame in a half. If Musiq and or his camp are reading please do better so that the rest of his fans won't feel hoodwinked. Thank you for your time!








Setlist

Be my girlfriend

In my life -rocking withchu

Half crazy

If u leave...then baby I'll leave

Guitar solo

Teach me how to love

Single

I Do

Love Contract

I've got sunshine

One of my favs: Idontwannabefriends

Ijuswannaloveyou

Ribbon in the sky

Yes mixed with anita baker I feel no shame

Love

Beautiful

MJ let the magic n the music into u...life aint so bad at all-highlight of his voice

Buddy

Anything

If I wouldn't knew

No comments:

Post a Comment