Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Missing New York City Already


It's been a minute since I've blogged but here I am. Over the weekend I went to the Big Apple aka one of my favorite places in the whole wide world. My main purpose was to see French electro pop band Yelle but more importantly I needed a change of scenery. New York was just what the doctor ordered and now I feel rejuvenated and a little sad that I had to return home. But what can you do? Nothing...so until then I'll just visit monthly.

Lets just say that i think Saturday was the best day that i've had this year. I dont know if thats just PLAIN sad or what but keep it coming. Now usually I would take pics like a true tourist and just capture every beautiful bird, piece of New York trash, homeless man on the subway, break dancers on the stoop. This time around I wasn't inspired...perhaps I just wanted to stay in the moment. I did take pictures of this cute little hot dog looking puppie at the flea market and at the concert. My cannon stayed zipped up in my bag the entire trip. Hmmmph.

Let me take you on a tour of my day...started out on the Megabus where I get the most uncomfortable sleep ever, but I'm always grateful that when I wake up we are going through the Lincoln tunnel. My homegirl and I headed straight for Hells Kitchen flea market which was one of the most fashionable flea markets that I have ever laid eyes on. Too bad I had almost 15 more hours left of my trip before I boarded the bus again because I would've bought a vintage treasure chest, this slick Victorian mirror, some drinking glasses for the kitchen and the list goes on. All of that stuff would not have fitted in my messenger bag.I did purchase some jewelry and I will be back next month. Shout out to my new boyfriend...can't remember his name but he sold me the perfect earrings for the perfect price and now I love him.

From there we went to some street spring fair/farmers market in Union Square. Not every day do I just randomly walk up on wine and apple cider tastings. What a treat! Nothing like freebies. The weather was just right...quite the perfect day for strolling through the streets, popping in and out of stores and sitting on park benches people watching.


TO BE CONTINUED...

No comments:

Post a Comment